Monday, December 6, 2010

Everything Update!

For the last 10 months or so, I swear every month I have some reason why that particular month is going by so fast. Literally every single month since Tiny has entered my life feels like it has flashed before my eyes! December is certainly no exception. I don't even know where November went. One minute it was November 1st, the next day it was Thanksgiving, and all of a sudden we are a week into December!

I haven't posted in a few days and it feels like a month has gone by. Friday I had a great craft day making this wreath.... (its not finished i ran out of felt and still have spots to fill in, I will have my tutorial for it later this week including my current project which is a fabulous alteration of this one!)



Saturday was Sterling Heights' big Sterling Christmas event. We got to stand on stage and we get introduced and the Mayor gives the key to the city to Santa himself. The big bonus of this event was that we were the first to see Santa. I was very excited for this big moment and was envisioning my beautiful little girl smiling looking up at jolly ol' Saint Nick... not so much. Of course my child who smiles at EVERYONE was totally not feeling the Santa thing. She was desperately trying to get away, maybe we will try again next year...



Sunday was a HUGE day for us! Tiny walked! She maxed out at about 6 or 7 steps but it is still walking! It was like she went from 0-60 in about an hour. We have never really encouraged her to walk before. We were just kind of letting her figure it out organically. Well Mike decided to cheer her on and encourage her letting go and wouldn't you know she did it! It was lots of fun and even my mom and dad in Chicago, and my sister in Arizona were all watching when she really took her first 4 or 5 steps. Gotta love iChat! Its funny because now SHE knows she can do it. All day today she was trying it out on her own. Only making it a few steps at a time but you have to start somewhere! I just have visions of her walking and finally being able to wear cute dresses and not dragging her knees all over the floor :)

With the cold snowy weather we have had lately, Sunday left me craving some warm comfort food so I made some stew. I LOVE my mom's stew. It is one of those meals that cooks for a hundred hours so it leaves my house smelling delicious and reminding me of my parents house! I'll save the picture and recipe for later this week. Mostly because I'm lazy and my camera is all the way upstairs and really what is a recipe without a picture of the delicious meal it represents!

This week is full of city holiday parties and I have some serious crafting to do (I have about 100 glitter ornaments to make this week for the exchange the council members do.) Here is to hoping I get everything done! Only 18 days and 2 hours till Christmas!





No comments:

Post a Comment