Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Season of Giving...

As I was going through some of my Christmas decorations I came upon a box full of treasures I had to share :)

I am in no way opposed to hand-me-downs. I welcome them, especially when it comes to things for around the house. So last year when Mikey's grandma said she had a box of Christmas items for me I said sure bring it on over!

I was almost offended by its contents because it suggests that these items are actually my style or something I would put out in my home to share with my guests, but I know it was only with the best intentions they were given to me.

Here we have a white ceramic deer with broken antlers and some sort of stain on the ceramic. The ribbon around the neck adds a really nice touch...


I am not entirely sure what this next object is. I think it is a bear. In person it sort of looks like hamster. The body is completely limp and I have no idea why she is holding a plant. Its not even a flower, just a plant. I wish you could see the price tag, I'm sure someone thought $17.99 was a bargain!


This guy is meant for sitting on a shelf, ceramic body and loose hanging legs. Too bad he is missing an arm...


Truth be told this next guy is so funny to me I think I may have grown to like him. His face is made from a pair of nylon stockings and his body crafted from a bandana. He has no eyes or mouth but it appears his pipe is coming from just out of the corner of his giant nose.


Prepare yourself for this last guy. I have been holding on to him in hopes of a true White Elephant gift exchange... however I don't know that I would have the heart to actually give him away. I think my favorite part of him is that while I, and everyone else, call them trolls, Mikey calls them wishkins. I love that. He is a stocking that will unfortunately never see our fireplace.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I call them trolls too and my mom calls them wishkins. Wierd.

    ReplyDelete