Friday, March 2, 2012

Glamour Shots?


Remember when Glamour Shots was the cool thing to do. (Like that one year in 1991)

Well I never did it, I think I was old enough to want to, but too young to successfully beg my mom to let me do it.

This is probably what my "look" would have been like.


We were living in Tennessee and my bff at the time was this girl Jennifer who lived down the street. (Unfortunately I don't have a picture of this, but my main memory of her was making up dances to Amy Grant songs in her garage!)

Anyway, for Jennifer's birthday we went to the salon and got make-overs. Make-up, and hair, I think even my nails. This was big time considering I was like 8 or 9.

Seriously I look like a small prostitute in mom jeans. I remember walking in the house and my mom laughing hysterically at me and then taking my picture. The eyeshadow was outrageous and I actually remember feeling super uncomfortable with the look. My hair felt about 10x bigger than it looks in the picture!

Here is to hoping that perms don't make a comeback... ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment