Thursday, March 1, 2012

March Madness

So I have been wanting to blog about something but just couldn't figure out what. I could indulge you with the everyday crazy that is my family but honestly it is hard to judge what to share. I assure you I find my family a million times more amusing than you will find them.

Then it hit me!

March Memory Madness! (catchy title huh?)

Basically just for fun I am going to post a bunch of pictures I have and kind of tell a small story about whatever memory I have associated with that picture.

You should be totally impressed by this... its gonna catch on to the blog world, trust me!

This is the picture that prompted my idea.


Its funny that this would be the picture I use because you can't see anything in it. It is an awful picture.

I am fairly certain this picture leads to one of my first memories. I imagine I was 4 in this picture, maybe even 3. We were living in Detroit and Anna wasn't around so I know I was younger than 5. I don't remember why but I know my parents were having a party or at the least family over. My Grandma Hernandez had brought me a present and let me open it. It was the nightgown I'm wearing and it came with this pink bunny stuffed animal. I remember her giving it to me and then I went in the back room/area and my grandma was very excited to have me put on my new nightgown. I know that doesn't seem like much, but for me it is a lot. My grandma passed away when I was 5 so the memory bank in that department is fairly empty. In my mind I can very distinctly remember this happening and see it. I think maybe because she passed away while I was so young I held on to this because I don't really have any other memories of her.

Looking at this picture and being reminded of the events that took place made me think that I should jot down some other small picture memories while I'm still young(ish) enough to remember them!

(ps check out my friend I took to school with me on halloween!)

No comments:

Post a Comment