Friday, March 9, 2012

My First Mickey Experience...

The countdown is on for Disney World... We are going to be spending a week in Orlando and at least one day at the park and I am VERY excited about this. Clara has been really into Mickey and Minnie lately so I am very interested in how her first encounter with them will go!

Which brings me to today's picture, the first time I met Mickey... sorta.

This is me at my 4th birthday party. Someone had the bright idea to have a total creeper put on a wannabe Mickey Mouse head and surprise me. As you can see I was less than thrilled...


In all fairness I don't exactly remember the birthday party, BUT I do have a good story that is kinda related...

So somehow I was slowly convinced that Mickey wasn't all that bad and he gave me these two little plastic figurines... one of Mickey and one of Minnie. (Good job getting a picture of me actually receiving said items!)


I have this memory of being at preschool and this kid had the same exact little figurines. I can't say if I remember thinking they were mine, or if I straight up stole them from this kid but I had them in my cubbie. I remember the teacher finding them and sending me to the principle! Imagine a 4 year old getting sent to the principle's office. I remember them calling my mom, or me calling her and telling her what happened.

I wish I could say it was totally useless to have a four year old call her parents... but hey I remember it so who knows.

I also wish I could say that the only reason I cry at birthdays is because of giant scary men dressed as rodents but that really just isn't true...



No comments:

Post a Comment