Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Way too much information.

This is a picture from the first night I met my husband... sorta.


It is a two part story and the second part doesn't really have to do with this picture but I will share it anyways :)

So in the summer of 2001, after having graduated high school, the cool thing to do was go out to downtown Pontiac. A totally safe place for a couple of super white suburban girls to go hang out! This particular night we were going to Clutch Cargos.

We met at my bff Mary Kate's house to get ready and this is a picture her mom took of us right before we headed out the door. I desperately wish this was a full length picture so you could see the pants Mary Kate is wearing. They were the infamous zebra print pants and basically the main character of this story.

So if you can believe it I use to think it was totally cool and acceptable to "wait in line" at the bar. So there we were, waiting in line when these two idiot guys come up and stand in line behind us. One of the idiots was very interested in Mary Kate's zebra print pants and felt the need to talk to us about it. The guys were cute enough but definitely not that memorable. We got in the bar and and the idiot guys had followed us in and eventually I think they were dancing with us. The blonde guy was talking to MK and the other guy was being "that guy." You know the one who tries to dance with you even though you aren't really feeling it, at all. They were both pretty obnoxious but hey we were 18, they were guys showing some interest so we went with it.

I spent the next two years of my life not realizing that Mary Kate had actually exchanged "aim" screen names with the blonde guy. He went to Western and they talked a little but nothing really came of it.

Part two.

In college I had a good friend whose hometown was about 20 minutes from mine. We both were home at the beginning of summer and he invited me to a party at a high school friend of his' house. I asked if I could bring a friend (enter Mary Kate) and we went. We walk in and MK notices the blonde guy from the bar.

We all talk and joke around, and turns out these two guys are the very same two guys we met in line two years earlier at the bar.

Remember the obnoxious guy that was trying to dance with me... I started dated him.

Now here we are, 10 years later... and I married the creepy guy from the bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment