Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Teddy Rupskin


If you didn't have a Teddy Rupskin when you were little get on the phone with child protection services and tell them your parents basically mentally abused you as a child.

Luckily for me I did have one. I got it for Christmas. (technically it came for me AND tone-dog but whatevs)
I wish I knew how long this magical talking bear actually lasted in our household but I have a feeling it wasn't very long.

While Teddy's body was still very much intact, and he continued to "play" the tape that was inserted in his back, his very essence was taken from him far too soon.

I remember us being in the car with him and Anthony and I decided that it would be hilarious if we fed Teddy peanuts. His mouth moved up and down and naturally we thought, "Hey he could totally chew these peanuts!"


Well he couldn't. In fact you might say he was allergic to peanuts. I'm sure while trying to bite down he popped a spring or something and his "jaw" stopped working. He was no longer able to move his mouth as he read.


Poor Teddy.

1 comment: