Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Anniversary Edition

Lots going on today and I wanted to post this morning because I have no clue if I will be able to later today. Besides today being me and Mike's 3rd anniversary, my parents are in town for the day and hopefully my Dad will be able to come over this afternoon and help me put a hole in my wall!

I don't mean this the wrong way but I can't believe its ONLY been 3 years! I feel like it has been much longer with all that we have done and accomplished together over the last three years. The most impressive of these joint ventures would of course be Tiny. How we made such an unbearably beautiful little girl is beyond me. Her huge eyes, tiny nose, and giant smile are a constant reminder of what great things Mike and I can do together :)

Yesterday with the purchase of my new craft item I was back in my craft/sewing room reorganizing. I had this medium sized rubbermaid box that was full of random things I figured I should go through. This box had probably not been opened since I packed it full of stuff when we moved into our house. It was quite the coincidence that last night of all nights I found a large envelope full of tickets and odds and ends that never made it into my scrapbook. In the envelope I found my ticket from the very first Detroit Tigers game that Mike took me to!


Now I don't think its so odd to save things like this, and I am surprised I hadn't put this particular ticket in a better spot, although I am thinking of framing it next to the ticket from the game we got engaged at and Tiny's first Tigers game ticket.

What gave me a little chuckle was that on the back of the ticket I felt compelled to write, "w/ Mike Taylor" as if I would one day look at the ticket and think, "hmm, who did I go to this game with?" or, "What was that guys name?"


Here I am 7.5 years later still going to Tigers games with him. If you would have asked me in 2003 what would have been more believable, Mike and I getting engaged or the tigers having a playoff run in 2006 I would have probably put my money on the engagement :)

Mike has some surprise plans for this evening so I can't wait to find out what he has in store for me. I will be sure to report back tomorrow with all the details... scratch that, some of the details ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment