Tuesday, November 16, 2010

One wall done...


too many to count left to go! I absolutely love the new color, Pebble Grey. I was half hoping I wouldn't, or that Mikey wouldn't so that I wouldn't want to paint the rest of the room... but we both love it. I feel like the whole feel of the room has changed and it doesn't help that I spent the evening moving furniture around. Everything is more open and the color is light and fresh.

A spur of the moment decision was to change the blinds. Right before I left the house today I thought, "Why don't you measure the windows." So I did, and then at the store I had them cut some really nice blinds to fit and they turned out great if I do say so myself! I only purchased blinds for one side because I figured if it didn't work then I would have only wasted money on the one side because of the custom cut I wouldn't have been able to return them. So now for the third day in a row I will be traveling to HD. Also in window news I purchased some fabric to possibly make some new window treatments... but the more I look at it without any the more I kind of like it.

Still no luck with the fireplace doors. I purchased some paint and I tried to take them off but there are some screws on the inside that are very stubborn so we will see what happens.
I don't know how I am going to decorate the mantle yet. I have been looking for an excuse to display my three Kate Spade vases so I think I am going to work them into the plan somehow.
Still lots of work ahead but at least its a start!

3 comments:

  1. I am LOVING it!!!! It looks amazing and I definitely love the white blinds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice makeover! Although I would probably still vote for window treatments. :)

    ReplyDelete