Thursday, November 11, 2010

Baby Leggings!!


So I have problem. A shopping problem. Namely, a shopping at Target problem. I am not embarrassed to say I go to Target multiple times a week. Sometimes I don't even end up buying anything, but I just love walking around looking. I especially love the Target clearance racks, you can find some amazing deals. Most of my shopping isn't even for me, it is for Tiny. Babies aren't dolls, but you do get to dress them up however you like and make them do what you want :)The other day while checking out the children's section I found this great little pink skirt for $1.00! How can you go wrong with a $1 skirt. Naturally I bought it thinking I can of course find something to go with a pink skirt. Well today was the day and it came with a craft on the side.

It is so cold out that Tiny would need a pair of tights at least but none of her tights looked quite right. I checked my stash of knee high socks in my craft room and found the perfect pair to make some leggings with! This time I actually managed to document the process so I could share with all 2 of my readers :)

Baby Leggings!!

(There is a section at Target that has tons of different patterns of knee high socks that are $2.00 each they work best)

First take the socks and cut them just above the heal. I didn't realize it before but this was the perfect pair to use for a tutorial because of how well the pattern lines up.


Next take the foot of the sock and cut off the heal and toe portion leaving just the middle.


You take the short foot portion and fold it in half with the print side facing out. It works best if you pin the sock in place, it will make sewing much easier.


On your sewing machine put the long portion of the sock around the base pattern facing out. Then over that put your small loop over it, pattern facing out, folded side facing out. So all three cut ends are together. One straight line sewn all the way around is all there is to it. When done it helps to cut the extra fabric hanging past your sew line on the inside so that it doesn't look so bulky.

Thats all there is too it. I absolutely love these on Tiny. How cute is she... I mean are they :)

2 comments:

  1. Filing this away for future reference. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny! I have a friend who just posted the same tutorial and I just bought 4 pairs of clearance knee socks to do it, obviously at Target ; ) please tell me you have gotten the Target Red debit card?!

    ReplyDelete