Monday, November 22, 2010

Best Purchase Ever!

Intro: This is completely craft nerd related. If you don't know what a Cricut is you might as well just leave because this post will make zero sense to you. :)

On this cold rainy Michigan day, for a moment this morning the rain stopped, the clouds parted, and the sun shined down on me as I walked (read that "ran panting") into Michaels to purchase something that I knew would change my life forever.

I'm sure you are asking yourself what could you buy at a craft store that could be so life altering. I'll tell you...

a Cricut Cake!

Now this marvel of a machine does everything. I'm not really into cake making but the Cricut cake works on paper as well it just requires a blade switch. Now for two years I have been the very proud owner of a Cricut Personal. It only goes up to 6 inches and at the time I bought it on sale at 50% off for $99 and that that was the deal of a life time. I use it all the time for pretty much everything but have always regretted not just spending the $200 that day and buying the full size Cricut.

Thank you to my wonderful friend Mrs. C3 :) for directing me to an online message board where some girls were talking about the amazing deal they found for getting the Cricut Cake. Apparently some stores were going to discontinue selling this particular model and they had them majorly clearanced down to $49.99!!!! I couldn't believe it! This is the same machine they are selling at Joanns on sale for $249 right now!

Well I ran my butt over to Michaels and if you can believe it they had ONE left. My heart racing I hurridly ran to the register to purchase my machine and it rang up for 199.99! I said this is surely mistake and the woman told me that they were not discontinuing the product so it was only on sale. I knew Mikey would be none to pleased with me purchasing something for $200 that I really didn't have to have so I sadly left.

I proceeded to sit in my care for about 10 min. debating what I should do. I then decided I was going to go back in and buy the Cricut for $200 and then take my chances and head over to my local Michaels and see if they would do a price adjustment for me. In my head I was thinking that even if they tell me I have to wait for it to be put back on the self I had nothing better to do and for the cost savings of $150 that was definitely worth it if I had to wander around the store all day!

Sure enough when I got to the different location and told them my tale of woe, that I couldn't keep it if it wasn't adjusted down, the manager took pity on me and gave me the PRICE ADJUSTMENT! I couldn't believe it. I was ecstatic. I was shaking with excitement! I got my machine home and stared at the receipt for a few min. (remember I am a SAHM I have very little excitement in my life :) I couldn't believe it. I spent the next 2 hours calling every Michaels in the Metro Detroit area trying to find another machine at any price for my SIL but there were none out there. The sale apparently started yesterday so I honestly believe I got the last one out there.

(this is proof of purchase :) - I tried to rotate the picture and it didn't work but you get the point!

I can't wait to get busy crafting. I have some vinyl letter projects in mind and can't wait to cut some AMAZING sugar cookies for Santa!

No comments:

Post a Comment