Monday, November 8, 2010

Cleaning Schedule Fun

Every so often I have a "Cleaning Schedule Week." A week were the regular picking up and laundry is not enough. This is one of those weeks. I don't know what happened but halloween weekend left me in a pile of clutter and laundry that I successfully ignored last week.

I came up with my cleaning schedule about a year ago when I was pregnant and bored. I made a list of all the things around the house I felt needed to be done and then divided them up over the week. I would love to keep to the schedule every week but it just doesn't happen, but when the house needs a good cleaning, this is the easiest way to do it!

Mikey just made fun of me for "blogging" - I should add he has been walking around the basement in circles for about 45 min... this is not a joke, he actually walks the perimeter of the basement with his ipad.

On a side project I completely cleaned out our closets and then organized Mike's clothes (suits, dress pants, dress shirts, polos, dressy polos... etc) it looks perfect. Want to know what his first words were when he saw it? "Where did all the hangers go!" He didn't see the empty hangers and thats what stood out. Men, oh well :)

Sunday
-Plan Menu
-Grocery Shop
-Clean Towels

Monday
-Dust entertainment center
-Clean Tiny's Room
-Tiny's Laundry
-Master Bath
-Clean out fridge (i clean out the fridge on Mondays because our trash comes Tuesday)

Tuesday
-Guest Bath
-Steam living room floor
(I leave tuesday a light day because thats when I usually have plans)

Wednesday
-Vacuum Master Bedroom
-Vacuum Guest Room
-Laundry
-Change Sheets

Thursday
-Wipe down cabinets (I have white cabinets so they get marks)
-Cat Litter
-Wipe down baseboards

Friday
-Vacuum Furniture
-Steam Living Room
-Steam Kitchen

I know a lot of girls use cleaning schedules or are always looking for different ones to try so hopefully this can help :)

(It has been 15 min and mike is still walking in circles... its sad, but if you know him this would not at all surprise you.)

Other than cleaning Tiny and I made a trip out to Target for some much needed baby gates. She likes crawling up the stairs way too much! I seriously have not only the cutest baby in the world, but the happiest.
ps. It has been over an hour and Mikey is still walking...

1 comment:

  1. hey Christina! Peeked over from Facebook. :) I LOVE a great list! (And that your hubby paces the basement -- classic!)

    ReplyDelete