Friday, January 20, 2012

Healthy Chocolate Pie!


The Taylor house is on a mission... A mission to eat healthier.

Besides regularly working out (I am loving my two hours for a run and a shower while the kids are in the child care room) we are all trying to eat better.

I am using an app called My Fitness Pal which gives you a set amount of calories you can consume each day. It also has every food by brand imaginable in its database. Basically you enter what you eat during the day and the app counts the calories for you and let's you know how many you have left to stay on track.

Mike on the other hand is way better at eating healthy. He actually likes his vegetables while I continue to have the pallet of a 13 year old.

We both like our treats so I was determined to find something delicious and healthy. Boy did I find it!

Enter Chocolate Fudge Pie

It has chocolate, agave, vanilla, and.... TOFU!

I kid you not I actually made something with a whole brick of tofu in it, and it was delicious. I can't believe it either.

The picture doesn't even do it justice... Mike and I were so anxious we sliced into it way too soon. It should have chilled over night. I will definitely update the picture tomorrow.

Now this pie is 143 calories per slice. That is pretty amazing considering how good it tastes. Also in comparison, a traditional slice of chocolate mousse pie has 450 calories!

Seriously you just have to give it a try...

  • 1 package silken tofu
  • 1 tsp cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 Tbl milk
  • pinch of salt
  • 10 oz chocolate chips (about 1 and 1/3 cup)
  • 2-3 Tbl agave
All you do is melt the chocolate chips. Once the chocolate is melted, throw all the ingredients into a blender or food processor. Blend till smooth and then poor into your pie crust/tin and then throw it in the fridge for a few hours. (preferably overnight but 2 hours was good enough for me! I will wait longer next time though ;)

THATS IT!

You have to admit the only thing better then a chocolate dessert, is a chocolate dessert that is low cal!

No comments:

Post a Comment