Thursday, January 12, 2012

An Open Letter...

An open letter to the 16 year old girl at the gym today.

I know she was 16 because her tshirt said "Class of 2013" (Which alone was enough to throw me over the edge! I graduated in 2001...)

I noticed your shimmery eye shadow and perfectly curled ponytail.

The cute kid on the treadmill next to me did not. I promise.

So why did you give me a look when I got on the treadmill between the two of you? A look like why was I even bothering. A look like, why didn't I have the time to put on my make up before going to the gym. Me in my yoga pants and detroit tigers tshirt, and you in your stupid little cheerleading shorts.

I was you before. Uh-huh. Only taller, and skinner. You want to know what the difference is between graduating in 2001 and 2013, I will lay it out for you.

I went to college where I gained the freshman 15.

I then broke up with my boyfriend junior year and lost it all plus some! I decided to spend more time in the gym instead of waiting to see if he got on AIM. AIM is what we spent hours avoiding homework with before Facebook... well that and Snood.

I then managed to graduate college which is where i gained the graduate 30. Which is when you live on your own and work a lot so you eat lots of take out and junk food.

Then I actually got a guy to marry me and gained the marriage 50. Which is where you start cooking too much food and then eating all of it!

After that I gained the Baby #1 100, followed by the Baby #2 200.

So here I am... roughly a million lbs heavier. But guess what little missy. I am on that damn treadmill for a reason.

So even though I was a slight arm movement away from doing the running man when Nsync came on my iPod... I was still running. Not to mention I ran for longer than you.

So enjoy your look of pity, because pretty soon I'm gonna get back to looking like you.

Ok, that will never happen.

I will get back in shape though... and my accomplishment will be much sweeter than the product of your 16 year old metabolism.

Thanks a bunch,
Christina
Class of 2001.

This pretty much sums it all up....

No comments:

Post a Comment