Sunday, January 29, 2012

I sewed fabric together successfully!


Ok so it isn't exactly the first time. I know how to sew. I have done some quilting, but never clothes. I had some scrap fabric from a few years ago and found a pattern that seemed fairly easy so i gave it a try.

It actually came out pretty decent. I mean, at least better than I thought. It was the first time I did a gathering stitch (it is what gives the ruffle look on the skirt) so that was a bit of trial and error but it will be hidden under a sash so it came out more than good enough. Plus it only took about 4 hours total so that is right up my ally... probably could have taken two hours if I didn't have a 2 year old asking for me to put on Caillou every 5 minutes...

I wish i had a picture of this on Clara to show you. The girl HATES dresses. she basically melted to the floor in a full on fit and it just wasn't going to happen. I think this pattern would be fun to try for some other things. Like if someone has a bday party with a theme I could make her a dress just for fun. It only used about half a yard of fabric for 2T so that was nice too.


On a completely unrelated topic... here is my favorite little guy, doesn't he have the sweetest little smile! :)

1 comment: